Yes you can setup tracking and statistics code on your website. We recommend Google Analytics. It's free, it's very powerful, and we already have an easy way to make it work with your site. But we also have other tracking software options available or we can custom install code just for you.
Setting up Google Analytics
To make Google Analytics work, you first need a free Google Analytics account.
1. Go to: https://analytics.google.com
2. Create a new account by clicking "Sign Up Now", or Login to an existing account.
3. Follow their setup instructions.
4. Find your Account ID.
5. Setup the tracking account in your Gutensite Admin.
Finding the Account ID
Once you have an account setup, you will find yourself on the 'Tracking Code' page for the website you are setting up. Near the top of the page will be a Tracking ID with the format "UA-1234567-1". This is your ID that you will need to save for your Control Panel.
Alternatively if you are on the Google Analytics Control Panel and enter the 'Admin' tab, find website account you wish to in the select box and click Tracking Info > Tracking Code under 'Property'. This takes you to the page with instructions how to "install" the tracking code. At the top of this page, there is an area with your "Tracking Status Information". Find the field that says "Tracking ID", this is the ID you need to copy.
Copy that ID and open up another Browser window or tab to your CMS Control Panel.
Setting up Tracking on Your Website.
1. Login to your CMS Control Panel.
2. Go to the "Admin" section. Then click on your "tools" icon. In the side menu go to "Analytics".
3. Click the Add button to create a new tracking account. For Service, Select "Google Universal Analytics (analytics.js)".
4. For the Account ID, enter the ID you copied down previously.
5. Save your settings.
Now you'll have to wait for 24 hours for google to acquire enough tracking data on your site. You can go back into your google account and check the status of the tracking code, to make sure it worked. Login and enter the 'Admin' tab, find website account you wish to in the select box, and click Tracking Info > Tracking Code under 'Property'. Beside your "Tracking ID" is "Status" that should say "Receiving Data". If it doesn't you should be able to tell it to "Send test traffic" to determine if everything is setup properly.